MEFMA Member Companies are invited to take part in the awards by entering one or more of the 6 award categories.
TECHNOLOGY IMPLEMENTATION IN FM
This award recognizes the most effective and innovative use of FM technology, wherein the impact of using technology from customer experience, operations effectiveness & ROI needs to be validated.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION IN FM
This award recognizes implementation of a digital transformation strategy within its business, with the ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change while embracing technology as a center of operation excellence.
SUSTAINABILITY & ENERGY MANAGEMENT IN FM
This award recognizes an outstanding commitment to sustainability that has had a social / environmental impact. The case study shall showcase stakeholders involvement while achieving the expected results.
HEALTH & SAFETY IN FM
Health & Safety culture is a key to FM success towards protecting humans and reducing financial impact of accidents. This award submission will need to showcase and demonstrate commitment to HSE engaging all relevant parties.
EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT IN FM
This award recognizes the submission that has invested most effectively in the development & welfare of its people or staff.
This award recognizes the diverse needs and satisfaction of its clients, leading to a positive customer experience, whilst showcasing the impact of such delivery of customer-centric solution.
All submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a MEFMA company member based in Middle East
- The submission must focus and concentrate on one specific project / case study considering the categories and criteria mentioned hereafter
- Operational or implemented initiatives must have been fully operational for at least six months prior to December 15, 2021
- No General or Commercial Marketing material to be included in the submission
- All entries must be submitted in English only
Terms & Conditions
- Applications must be submitted online via the MEFMA awards website
- Each member company is eligible to apply for one or more award categories
- Each category entry should be filled in a separate submission form, for companies submitting in more than one awards category
- Incase of any membership cancellation during the awards submission process, MEFMA reserves the right to withdraw the company’s submission
- The submission deadline is final and not subject to any exception or changes
- The submission must follow the exact specifications and word count mentioned hereafter
- Each submission must include the name & contact details of one main point of contact
- Once the entry is submitted, no further changes will be accepted
- There is no financial obligation associated with the awards entry submission
- MEFMA will announce the winners only during the Awards Gala Dinner, none of the applicants or nominees will receive any statement, result or hint prior to the event
- MEFMA reserves the right to cancel part or all of the awards categories for any reason
- MEFMA reserves the right to change or postpone the submission deadline
- MEFMA reserves the right to publish a winner’s submission as a report / case study thereafter, in coordination with the member company
- MEFMA reserves the right to withdraw the award, if the winner fails to attend the Awards
All entries will be evaluated and judged based on the awards criteria, by an independent Jury Committee, composed of leading experts and industry players who represent a broad spectrum of Facilities Management, to ensure fair judging of the submissions.
- The Winner & Highly Commended will be announced within each MEFMA awards category
- Top 3 highest scoring submissions to qualify for the Global FM Awards of Excellence in FM 2022
- Complete the initial Submission Form under the ‘Apply’ tab of the awards website and select the category you are applying for to register your interest
- Once this is verified and approved by the MEFMA internal team within 48 hours, you will receive an email with a link to continue your submission process by filling your answers for each criteria and uploading any supporting documents.
- During the submission process, you will also have the option to ‘Save and Continue Later’, wherein the link will be valid for 30 days.
- Answer each of the below criterias to support your submission process
- 500 words maximum per judging criteria:
- Creation, Evolution and Sustainability
- Innovation & Advancement of FM
- Corporate Outcomes
- Leadership and Success in FM Operations
- Contribution to FM Worldwide
- 500 words maximum per judging criteria:
- Attach a maximum of two supporting documents (total of 4 pages), for example:
- Published articles;
- Certificates/awards or any other materials that may be considered to support your entry;
- An independent report verifying the entry’s findings or outcomes will be heavily weighted;
- Final submission deadline – January 31, 2022 (Late submissions will not be accepted).
Abhay is a business expansion specialist with thought leadership across the Energy, Sustainability, and Buildings sectors – specializing in the core themes of digitalization, sustainability, geographic expansion, and localization. Holding 22 years of global experience across diversified industries, Abhay has extensive experience in the Middle East region, across Energy, Environment, Manufacturing, Managed Services & Industrial Automation.
He specializes in advisory and enablement, especially around strategy development, investment promotion, localization strategies, & mega trends, and has developed his experience by working across government organizations, multinationals, family groups & conglomerates, and specialized companies.
Abhay’s knowledge leadership is reflected not just in his speaking engagements but also in how he has been invited to actively participate as a jury member for a number of prestigious awards in the Middle East region – ADIPEC (Oil and Gas) and MESIA (Solar) – and in how his opinions on the industry have been frequently quoted in leading media publications across the Middle East.
Alan Millin is a retired FM consultant, trainer, and MEFMA founding advisor.
In addition to advising many of the leading FM clients and service providers in the GCC, he has made significant contributions to the development of FM practitioners within the region through the development and delivery of MEFMA’s industry-leading training.
Following over 2 decades in the GCC, Alan has now relocated to the UK, where he invests in property and runs a successful architectural photography practice.
He maintains an avid interest in the standards of FM service delivery, with a sharp focus on customer service and innovation within the industry.
Alex Davies is the Chief Commercial Officer at Dubai Holding Real Estate, a role he took over in September 2020.
Alex heads the commercial activity at DHRE, after the amalgamation of Dubai Properties and Meraas, leading its customer-facing functions such as Marketing, Sales, Customer Care, Strategy and Customer Experience. This includes developing and setting strategic plans and milestones to better serve DHREs vision and mission across all commercial functions including sales, business development, and Customer Care and Customer Experience.
In his current role, Alex is also responsible for the short-term and long-range commercial planning and budget development to support the strategic business goals of DHRE. He is also mandated to provide inputs to DHRE’s company and portfolio strategy and feasibility studies.
Before this, Alex was the Chief Operating Officer at Dubai Properties LLC since 2019 – handling all operational activities such as the customers and products side of the business. Alex was instrumental in the implementation of significant customer experience enhancement programmes at DP. He was also associated with Ejadah in an advisory role.
With decades of experience in leadership roles across a broad spectrum of the real estate business in the UK and the UAE, Alex came to Dubai in 2014 through Carillion UK. In 2016, Alex took over as the Managing Director of Emrill Services.
A UK national, Alex has completed his Master’s in Civil Engineering from the University of Nottingham.
Ali Al Suwaidi is one of the leaders of the facilities management and asset management industry in the Middle East, who has been in the industry since the nascent stages of professional FM.
Ali has over 22 years of experience in FM industry. He has held a range of operations leadership roles with leading FM corporations and prestigious appointments, including the responsibility for setting up the operations strategy and leading the rollout of the FM program for Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest tower.
He is also a leading industry resource who actively trains young talent on sound FM management across the UAE, along with being one of the FM subject matter experts worldwide and a visionary speaker participating in facility management conferences and conclaves across the world.
Gopakumar Pillai; is Vice President Property Management at DIFC with 25 years of experience span in Facilities Management, Energy Management and Property Management.
Mr. Pillai served various functions within leading developers such as Emaar and Dubai Properties. In his role at Emaar, he supervised FM mobilization, coordination, and execution of maintenance policy, procedures, plans, and programs at Burj Khalifa (World’s Tallest Tower).
Mr. Pillai holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree and PhD in Energy from Mangalore University India with a Master degree from Edinburg Napier University, UK. Mr. Pillai is a certified Energy Measurement and Verification Professional.
Hassan Younes is the Co – CEO & Founder of grfn, a multi-disciplinary consultancy and has over 15 years of extensive experience in the fields of Energy Efficiency, Design, Sustainability, and Project Execution and Management. Hassan has been involved in many high-end projects in the MENA region encompassing MEP designs, energy efficiency, commissioning management, sustainability and measurement and verification for new and existing buildings. He also was involved in energy and sustainability policy studies for many governmental entities in the GCC.
He is also the Vice President of the ASHRAE Falcon Chapter, along with being a trainer for the ASHRAE Global Training Centre. He is a trainer for the Association of energy engineers’ Certified Energy Manager (CEM) course, Efficiency Valuation Organization’s Certified Measurement Verification Professional (CMVP) course and the facilitator for the Emirates Green Building Council Building Retrofit Program. He is an appointed Consultant for ASHRAE 62.1 Standard and holds all the ASHRAE certifications.
December 15, 2021
January 31, 2022
February 1-24, 2022
March 14, 2022